A specialized law firm for investors doing business in China and the neighboring region, our dynamic team of lawyers provides comprehensive legal services and advice to corporate clients ranging from multinationals to small and medium sized corporations. Our team members are based strategically in Hong Kong and Shanghai, they are experienced professionals who provide legal services in business transactions in mainland China, Hong Kong as well as regional cross-border transactions.
Our core areas of practice include:
|Mergers and Acquisitions – Our strong team of experienced lawyers qualified in multiple jurisdictions with cross-border transaction capabilities represent multi-national, state-owned and privately-owned companies in domestic and cross-border M&A’s. Total transaction value in the past 10+ years exceeded 5 billion US dollars.
We advise clients on:
- Equity capital market transactions and compliance
- Private company share sale and purchase and funds raising
- Assets transfer
- Joint ventures and mergers
- Debt restructuring
- Other M&A activities
Commercial – Provide legal services to Chinese and foreign clients in all areas of doing business in the region, including:
- Inbound and outbound investments
- Investment in high-tech industries
- Operational legal compliance
- Import and export, tariff classifications, and customs practice
- Labor law, employment, and staff benefits
- Unfair competition
- Intellectual property
- Commercial litigation and arbitration in mainland China
- Tax, etc.
Anti-dumping and Countervailing Duty Proceedings – Represent leading exporters in steel, chemicals, furniture and all kinds of manufacturing sectors in anti-dumping and countervailing duty proceedings initiated by PRC, U.S., EU and Canada etc. In the past 10+ years, we participated in nearly 100 proceedings and advised hundreds of clients.
We are experienced in:
- Anti-dumping and countervailing investigations – practical solutions with successful track records
- Follow-up new shipper review, annual reviews or interim reviews – strategic planning and commercially advantageous advice
- Safeguards - close working relationship with major industrial associations
- USITC Section 337 cases – in-depth understanding of the technical aspects of the case
- Other trade dispute procedures